Both individuals and businesses increasingly require a high level of privacy in online communication to prevent their data from being monitored or accessed inappropriately. The right to privacy is an important principle protecting a person’s private sphere which in our modern society includes email communication.
Meanwhile, intelligence agencies utilize surveillance technologies to monitor email communication in the perceived interest of national security. And some email providers screen email communication in order to display targeted advertisements to the user, or store message contents and personal data in order to extract information that may be shared with third parties for commercial gain (so-called “data mining”).
Runbox Privacy Commitment
- Runbox is a Norwegian company and is subject to Norwegian jurisdiction and privacy regulations.
- Runbox stores your email and account data in Norway on servers owned by Runbox in our secure facilities.
- Runbox will not disclose account information or email data to authorities unless presented with a Norwegian court order.
- Runbox does not scan your email to display ads.
- Runbox will not transmit your data to a third party service without your consent.
- Runbox will not give or sell your email address to a third party service.
- Runbox does not use external tracking cookies to monitor usage.
- Runbox’ hosting provider and ISP do not log any traffic to or from our servers.
- Runbox offers secure encryption (SSL) on all connections to our servers, and attempts to use SSL on outgoing connections to other services.
- Runbox uses Extended Validation SSL certificates to verify our identity.
- Runbox enforces Perfect Forward Secrecy on all web connections to ensure that transmitted data cannot be decrypted retroactively by a third party.